Oceanside Running Club Associtation ( Team Orca )
Parksville / Qualicum, BC(The Team for Runners in Central Vancouver Island)
WHO ARE WE? ...
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A diverse group of people who love to run and meet in the spirit of fun, good health and friendship.
- Some of us are very slow, a few are very fast and most are somewhere in between - we cater to all.
- Some of us race and many do not.
- An officially sanctioned running club by the Vancouver Island Runners Association (VIRA).
- Scheduled weekly trail or road runs of varying distances at paces to suit everyone.
- Runs to improve speed and strength.
- Training advice and plans.
- Injury prevention tips.
- Motivation to help achieve your running objectives.
- Social events.
- Discounts at various retail outlets.
- A comprehensive club Internet website and active communication through Facebook.
WHERE DO WE RUN?
- Trails and roads in the beautiful Parksville / Qualicum Beach area with occasional forays elsewhere on Vancouver Island.
- WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US A TRY - WE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME!
Oceanside 10K Sunday May 12, 2013
Posted 03/14/2013 05:42 PM
|With ocean views, a mostly flat loop through Rathtrevor Beach Park and enthusiastic volunteers, this run is an energizing spring into summer fun run! The course is BC Athletics certified (BC-2003-007-BDC).
Race Package Pickup
Takes place in the Parksville Curling Club at Parksville Community Park from 9:30am - 10:30am. Race numbers not picked up by the commencement of the event are forfeited.
Early Start: 10:30am
*"Runners/walkers expecting to take longer than 1h15mins are encouraged to use the early start"
Regular Start: 11:00am
*Race Start is in the Pioneer Crescent cul-de-sac, a short walk from the Parksville Curling Club.
Oceanside 10K Forms:
Oceanside 10K poster
Oceanside 10K mail-in entry form
Looking for Team ORCA?
Posted 03/06/2013 08:14 PM
|Join our FaceBook group and join the conversation. Share photos and training advice with your fellow runners
Kim finishing the 2005 Royal Victoria Marathon and qualifying for the Boston Marathon.